Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Spirit...

This year I have done more than I have ever done in the past, I cleaned all the daily stuff off our mantel and piano and gasp, decorated for Christmas with greenery, lights, snow globes on the piano, and nativities on the mantel. I cleaned off the kitchen counter that is bar height and put Santa and snow man and Christmas plates, I used greenery, lights and ribbons on the staircase, It took me two whole days to decorate, and then...I made cookies and treats for our friends and neighbors...I really enjoyed doing all this, Lydia wanted to know WHY? I have never done this before, and after thinking about it, I think it is because this is the first year in fifteen years that I am not pregnant, have a baby, or in school...whew...I actually had the energy to do something besides just make it through the day..:} Lydia didn't believe me so we did a time line, here it is..

1994- Married 4 days after Christmas (so a wedding was being planned)
1995- moved to Houston, Pregnant with Lydia and in school
1996- Pregnant with Ryan, had a sick baby
1997- Had a 3 1/2 year and a small toddler
1998- moved to utah still a baby
1999- Have New baby- Elayna
2000- Elayna just a year old, have three small kids, sooo overwhelmed
2001- Moved to Ohio, pregnant with Nataly
2002- Nataly 7 months old
2003- In school
2004- In school
2005- In school and pregnant with Cruz
2006- New baby, still in school
2007- Moved to Alabama, Cruz still little
2008- Still coming out of my fog..
2009-Major Christmas Spirit...

No comments: