We attended convocation, which is her schools closing ceremony, it was so cute, the Seniors were assigned a kindergartner last fall and they have done things for and together throughout the school year. Today they walked in together and the Kindergarten class stood and sang the Alma Mater song to the Seniors, very sweet. I am going to attempt to post the video. After a few speeches and blah blah blah about the school year and it being over, the seniors and their buddies went outside and did a Maypole dance. It was so fun to watch, again i will attempt a video. If nothing else
I then came
home and started working on our play set. I anticipate it will take me
2-3 days to do the whole thing. I built the stand- alone monkey bars today, it took about two hours not including interruptions of lunch and Cruz's nap. Tomorrow, I am hoping to get at least the tower done and then Saturday, Ryan is suppose to help me finish. I am pretty proud of myself, I only made one mistake and caught it early enough that I only had to undo four nuts and bolts!
Tonight, I went with Ryan to his Pinewood derby, no ribbons or placement, but we had fun and personally i think our car was pretty awesome, the best one we've had so far, tomorrow I am going to pull out all the others and take a picture and you can decide. We have learned a lot over the last 3-4 years, thank heavens this is his final one, 11 year old scouts comes in September!!! Can we recycle his cars through Cruz? I do want to add that even though he didn't win anything tonight, a couple weeks ago our pack participated in a district cub-mobile race and he won first place for the Webelo's. Lowe's sponsored the car by giving the pack $80 worth of supplies and the race was held in a Home Depot parking lot...hahhaa
..Ryan with his car....the mighty cub-mobile....some of the competition....
I LOVE THE MONTH OF MAY!!!
3 comments:
So dang cute. Nataly is beautiful!!! May day is fun. We did nothing here. It's not a big deal. Some years I will make a paper door hanger thing and put flowers and candy in it on peoples doors, but that's if I'm in the mood. Wasn't in the mood this year. There's always next....
Ah the Pinewood. We never win either, but those cars are never going to be thrown away! Such prized posessions. We always get some award like "best paint" or "super owner". Whatever.
You are a stud with the yard structure. That's like real tools you have to use and all. Woo-hoo!
LOL, now that you mention it, I do remember doing the maypole dance. However, it must not have meant much because I totally haven't celebrated May day since! I know your birthday is in the month of May sometime. Hope you have a good one. Nataly looks so much older. She is so dang cute. I miss you guys. Thanks for checking up on my blog. :)
Nat is so cute and her little skippy-do made me giggle. I miss your family! I can't believe that you are assembling a play set! You're a rock star!
Miss you much
Post a Comment