Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gearing up!

Christmas is really just around the corner... Winter break is ONLY 3 weeks away! I have loved having my kids home from school, other than when they ask me, "What are we doing today". Why are they not content to "just" be home, I am. We have so many things to do around the house, toys to play with, a play set and trampoline (early Christmas present, Willy finally said yes), a piano, computers, television, books to read, bikes, scooters, games, music, a dog, I mean really we are not lacking for entertainment, but still the question, "What are we doing today?" grrr... I don't know! how about laundry, dusting, cleaning, any other questions? they usually back off at laundry. One of the things I LOVE about break is NO extra activities, that means we can just be home.

We have the tree up, the stockings hung and I think, I am done Christmas shopping, early for me! Now the challenge over the next three weeks is to not go buy more! Willy has said one gift, impossible I say, but I have cut back from our usual horde of crap! He will see, i say that because he reads this blog! I hope as you all go out among the throngs of shoppers that you can find peace standing in line, faith that you'll find that perfect gift, and charity for other shoppers, come on let them have the last one!

2 comments:

nic said...

I always long for them to play with the toys/gifts from last Christmas so that I feel better about going out and buying so much junk for this year. So far, so good. Only the younger ones ask me to buy them things whenever we go to a store. I tell them if I buy stuff now, I won't be able to buy them things for Christmas. It has appeased them so far... I can't believe Christmas is so close. Kind of snuck up!

Good job being finished shopping so soon. You're right, the trick now is to STOP buying. Willy said only one gift each? What's he smoking?!

M2 (Melissa) said...

Congrats on the gift shopping! I love Willy's idea but who is he kidding! I am good at one "big" gift but all the fun little ones and the ones that "need" like pjs and jeans?? Merry Christmas Rebecca!