Thursday, August 7, 2008

School's In...but it is only August 6





Something is definetly off kilter when school starts and this mom is not celebrating. Summer was waayyy to short. I am pretty sure we have had as many days off as most school districts have for the summer, but it just doesn't feel right to have kids go back to school when it is the first week of August and over 100 degrees outside. My kids should be getting up at 8 o'clock instead of rushing off to advisory class, and they should be laying around all morning vegging out on the t.v. or computer until I get tired of there glazed over looks, instead a teacher is looking at there glazed over faces and thinking, "why am I not at the pool reading a book." At least the kids came home from school excited about this next year, but this mom misses them, the house is tooooo quiet.

3 comments:

M2 (Melissa) said...

I can't believe you are starting school!! Hattie doesn't start until after Memorial Day!! Good luck with the new school year!

day dreamer said...

Melissa,
We are jealous...although you all will still be in school in June when we are out May 22. I actually perfer to start school in Sept.but oh well..I am not in charge.

nic said...

Too quiet? Get a grip woman! (just kidding)

We've got a week to go. Summer has been great and I haven't felt the need to whip anyone, but it is time for a schedule and fall. Bring it on.

Enjoy your time with Cruz.